Martin Contracts NI Ltd, as providers of mechanical and electrical design management installation, maintenance, testing and commissioning services, recognise that good management includes environmental matters and will ensure environmental protection and the prevention of pollution as part of our business decisions. We will endeavour to work towards the following objectives:
- To ensure that environmental impacts are minimised and controlled.
- To ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, regulation and industry codes of practice and other requirements to which the company subscribes which relate to our environmental aspects.
- We will provide for the publication of the environmental policy internally by posting the document on the Company notice boards. This policy will be available externally to all interested parties, (on request) from the administration team.
- We will provide for the setting and achievement of environmental objectives and targets for the company; and for the publication of those objectives and targets by posting the document in the company.
- We will maintain continuous efforts to achieve continual improvement in environmental performance of our policies, programmes and operations taking into account technical developments, scientific understanding, customer and community expectations. Our starting point is to comply fully with the requirements of ISO14001:2004.
- We will develop services that have minimal environmental impact and are safe in their intended use. Our considerations will include spillage prevention, waste management, natural resource consumption, and the introduction of energy efficiency practices.
- We will conduct and support assessment of the environmental impacts of new services before starting a new activity or project.
- We will work with suppliers and contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment.
- We will foster openness and dialogue with employees and all interested parties, anticipating and responding to their concerns about potential hazards and impacts of operations, products, wastes and services.
- We will measure environmental performance by conducting regular environmental audits and assessments of compliance with this policy statement, legal and Company requirements.