Health & Safety Policy
The company’s policy is to seek to provide the safest and healthiest working conditions possible for all employees, and other persons. In order to achieve this objective, the Company requires support and participation of all workers at every level. The Company seeks to establish and maintain the highest possible standard of health & safety procedures within every department of the company. We at Martin Contracts NI Ltd. promise to improve our Health and Safety endeavours where at all possible. This policy/manual will be reviewed on an annual basis
The Managing Director has overall responsibility for the health, safety & welfare of all employees. He will be supported by every member of the management and with support from the Health & Safety Advisor and Health & Safety Officer, who are required to encourage safe practices and set examples in safe behaviour. Employees at all levels are asked to co-operate in every possible way in order to ensure the standards set are achieved and maintained at all times. The policy and procedures shall be regularly reviewed and updated as required.
Generally the policy will –
- Provide adequate control of the health & safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Consult/liaise with employees on matters affecting their health & safety as required.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees where required, and any information to other interested parties.
- Prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health.
The Managing Director –
- Has overall responsibility for the effective implementation of the Company Safety Policy.
All employees are expected to –
- Arrive in for work in a fit and correct state, free of any alcohol & drugs.
- Work in a safe and proper manner at all times.
- Wear or use protective clothing when issued and required.
- Observe Company safety rules and procedures.
- Do everything possible to prevent accidents to themselves or to any other person.
- Co-operate in the investigation of accidents.
- Report dangerous s incidents and occurrences that are likely to lead to accidents.
- Attend/participate in any instruction or information given on Health and safety matters.